Saturday, March 14, 2009

it's been way too long

Hello everyone!

I am so sorry that I haven't written in my blog lately! I've been super busy and it's been a VERY intense week! I'll tell you all about it!

Sunday was probably the worst experience for me since I've been here. I got violently ill about 5 times in Magic Kingdom. It started when I was almost done with work and finally ended when I had thrown up all over Frontierland. It was terrible, but I survived. I went home and crashed that night.
I woke up on Monday morning for opening training but I was still very weak & was way too scared to eat anything so I actually got to leave early to rest some more.
I had Tuesday & Wednesday off which I spent at Disney World with my friends Sarah & Brittany since they came to visit me for their Spring Break.
Thursday I went to work while the girls went to the beach. They ended up getting sunburned so we aloe-ed them up and let them rest for their last night in town.
They left of Friday morning and I had work again yesterday. Lots to do, but it was fun.
Today I work for 10 hours which is going to be a long time.

I've been thinking a lot about being cross-trained to do something. I'm not sure what I want to do, but I want to do more definitely. Also, my Entertainment audition is next Thursday...I'm so nervous!! There's another audition on Friday that I really want to do too, but we'll see...



Molly-in answer to your question: Yes, there is a costuming portion of the college program. You can apply for that area, but just to let you know many people apply for different departments and get completely random jobs. People that are in Hotel/Resort Management end up working in Attractions, Engineering majors are in Food with me...it's crazy. But yes, there is a way to work with the Costuming/Cosmetology departments....and I think you would thoroughly enjoy it. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Kelly!
    I think I would thoroughly enjoy just about any of it. :)

    ReplyDelete