Thursday, February 12, 2009

days off & day 5

Hello everyone!

So I had a couple of days off from work which was nice....the first day one of my roommates, Melanie, and I went to Hollywood Studios for a little while. We didn't do much, all we did was go to the Beauty & the Beast show and on Rock n' Roller Coaster twice. The show was beautiful...I almost cried. Belle was beautiful, the dancing made me miss being in shape...and made me quite enthusiastic towards dance again...I can't wait to audition for entertainment!!! And then the roller coaster was the most fun ride I've ever been on in my entire life!!!! We went on it normally and then we waited to be in the front row....it wins!

The next day off that I had Megan [another roomie] and I decided to go to Blizzard Beach, one of Disney's two water parks, and it was wonderful! It was really nice outside, about 80 degrees, and she & I went 58 mph down a slide called Summit Plummet!! It's a 120-foot vertical drop in a water slide...and I'm not gonna lie, my booty was quite sore from it.... The other highlight from that day was buying a sand bucket full of ice cream and all the toppings and devouring it!!! We couldn't finish it all, but it was totally worth it...and we have the bucket to remember that day forever!

Today was nice...I don't have any complaints!! I worked for about 8 hours and I had a good time. I first worked in Fry Shoppe at one of the registers for a while and then I had a nice 45 minute break before I went to Scuttle's to work and close. I closed Scuttle's all by myself & I didn't forget anything!! I was very proud of myself...and the best part is that I got off only 5 minutes later than I was supposed to which is really good!!! Also, my trainer gave me an AMAZING rare Belle pin that is only sold in Disneyland Paris! I was sooooo happy!!! I love Belle, I love France, I love Disney...it was perfect!

But I think that the best part about the day, and maybe even this whole program so far, was this: I made a Magical Moment today at work by giving a birthday boy a cookie 'on the Mouse' [tehe!]. The parents and the boy both seemed like other Magical Moments recipients: happy and grateful. About 15 minutes later the little boy comes back & I greet him as I normally do: with a smile on my face and looking him in the eyes. He whispers, "Thanks for the cookie!" and handed me a Finding Nemo valentine. I gasped and said thank you and he ran back to his parents who waved to me. It's things like that that make this job completely worth it to me. I was almost in tears and I can't wait to make another magical moment. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment