Friday, February 6, 2009

first day

Hello all!

Today was my first official day without anyone training me, on my own, working. The first half of the day consisted of me scooping fries into their containers...or at least, that's what I was SUPPOSED to be doing. Throughout the shift people decided to take 'ten-tens', or bathroom breaks, so at one point I was frying the fries, scooping them into the containers, placing them on their trays, & getting them out to the correct cashier. It was hectic but lots of fun. I enjoy the people but I don't think that I'll ever consume another McDonald's fry for the rest of my life. Yuck! I also got to be a cashier at Fry Shoppe for a little while while one of them took a 10-10.

After my break I went to be a cashier at Scuttle's Landing. My Scuttle buddy was Brogan, a girl that was in my training group, & we had an amazing time! We talked when we had time, we made the others' orders if we weren't busy, and most importantly, we had fun. :-) Brogan actually stayed for about an hour longer than she was supposed to because otherwise I would have had to close that entire place by myself...and it's not a small place. We did pretty well & I learned a lot...

If anyone was wondering, my birthday was amazing yesterday! This is a part of my Disney experience, so I'll share it with you: a couple of my roomies had lunch with me, then I headed to Magic Kingdom and had a blast walking through there on my own time doing my own thing. I was alone, but I enjoyed every single bit of it! People were saying happy birthday to me everywhere I turned [I had a birthday button on, provided by Disney of course :) ] I got to see the day & night parade, the castle show, and I got a picture with the Dapper Dans! It was great! After the light parade [SpectroMagic] my roomies picked me up & we headed back to our apartment. When we arrive I see streamers outside with some balloons and I start to get excited. Upstairs there are streamers, balloons, and TWO homemade cakes made by them! They surprised me, sang to me, and helped me to have one of the most wonderful birthdays I could have asked for! We played Disney Scene it & Clue before a few of us went to a hot tub with some friends and chilled for a while. By the way, it was so cold outside that by the time I was heading home, the condensation that had come out had left FROST on our jackets. Brrrrr!!!!

Overall, it was a good day today & an AMAZING birthday!

PS- Bri [one of my roommates] bought me a glass version of the Beast's enchanted rose!! We had seen it in a store in Downtown Disney & she bought it for me!!! I now have a Belle collection going in addition to my Disney Princess collection! I'm sooo happy! I have a Princess blanket & pillow, a homemade Princess pillow, a picture holder with Belle's yellow dress as the stem, and the enchanted rose. Anyone else have an urge to add to it? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment